Commercial Case Study: Metrowest YMCA, Hopkinton, MA
The Family Outdoor Center is located on a beautiful 122 acre facility in eastern Hopkinton. Center includes miles of wandering hiking and walking trails, outdoor pools and adventure facilities. Catering all year long both indoors and outdoors with a focus on Adventure programs for Youth and Family.
System Type: Pool Heating
Installed: April 2017
Building Use: Community Pool
Design Build Contractor: Renewable Energy Systems, LLC
– 810 sq ft Complete Aquatherm Solar Pool Heating System (SOUTH FACING)
– Aquatherm Pool Collectors
– Expected temperature rise is 5-8 degrees
– A solar differential controller will automatically turn the system on when the collectors are warmer than the pool. An energy efficient Pentair variable speed booster pump will be installed to achieve proper flow of the solar heating system. Using this pump allows the existing pool pump to maintain adequate flow.
– Additional specs: Jandy Check Valve, PVC Pipe and Fittings, Stainless Steel Hardware, Solar Bypass and Drain, Automatic Aquasol Solar Control, Vacuum relief valves and Pentair Variable Speed Intelliflo pool pump ½-3hp